1/2 Photos of Lorilyn's Baked Strawberry French Toast
1 hr 20 mins
A culmination of several recipes over the years, this is another delicious breakfast that is made the night before; sparing the chef from getting up early or messing up the kitchen first thing. Serving size is listed as 6-8, but I serve with bacon or sausage & possibly scrambled eggs so we usually get 10 servings out of it. Can also be halved & made in a 9x9 brownie pan to serve a family of 3-4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (buttermilk or potato recommended)
- 946.36 ml strawberries, quartered (fresh or frozen)
- 113.39 g package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 7 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 9.85 ml almond extract
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml corn syrup
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 1Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Sprinkle bread cubes over bottom of dish.
- 3Sprinkle berries over bread cubes.
- 4Sprinkle cream cheese over berries.
- 5In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half & half, almond extract, nutmeg & cinnamon.
- 6Arrange French bread slices over the surface of the berries & cream cheese, creating a flat surface of bread rounds & getting in as many as possible without them popping up. Pour egg & milk mixture over French bread slices.
- 7Mix melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup & pecans and spread over french bread slices. Cover tightly & refrigerate overnight.
- 8Remove from refrigerator & let stand 20-30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- 9For Syrup (can be made fresh or in advance, refrigerated, and reheated for serving):.
- 10In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water.
- 11Bring to boil over medium heat and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 12Stir in strawberries and reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter and serve over french toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorilyn's Baked Strawberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1534.3
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 304.2 mg
- Sodium 1563.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 87.7 g
- Protein 39.0 g