1/2 Photos of Lorilyn's Baked Strawberry French Toast
1 hr 20 mins
A culmination of several recipes over the years, this is another delicious breakfast that is made the night before; sparing the chef from getting up early or messing up the kitchen first thing. Serving size is listed as 6-8, but I serve with bacon or sausage & possibly scrambled eggs so we usually get 10 servings out of it. Can also be halved & made in a 9x9 brownie pan to serve a family of 3-4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (buttermilk or potato recommended)
- 4 cups strawberries, quartered (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Sprinkle bread cubes over bottom of dish.
- 3Sprinkle berries over bread cubes.
- 4Sprinkle cream cheese over berries.
- 5In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half & half, almond extract, nutmeg & cinnamon.
- 6Arrange French bread slices over the surface of the berries & cream cheese, creating a flat surface of bread rounds & getting in as many as possible without them popping up. Pour egg & milk mixture over French bread slices.
- 7Mix melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup & pecans and spread over french bread slices. Cover tightly & refrigerate overnight.
- 8Remove from refrigerator & let stand 20-30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- 9For Syrup (can be made fresh or in advance, refrigerated, and reheated for serving):.
- 10In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water.
- 11Bring to boil over medium heat and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 12Stir in strawberries and reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter and serve over french toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorilyn's Baked Strawberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1534.3
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 304.2 mg
- Sodium 1563.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 87.7 g
- Protein 39.0 g