Having so many bananas at one time, I've been playing around with my old tried and true banana bread recipe. It feels a little like a betrayal, but find that my sweet tooth has changed a bit over the years and I don't always like things as sweet. So here's another take on my old trusted friend... this one has sour cream, which gives it a bit of a tang. It's still basically a one-bowl recipe and doesn't require a mixer. Easy-peasy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, add melted butter to mashed bananas and mix well.
- 2In small bowl, beat the egg, then add the sour cream and vanilla, mix well until thoroughly combined. Add to the banana mixture and stir well to incorporate.
- 3Add sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the banana mixture, stirring well to incorporate.
- 4Sprinkle baking soda and salt over banana mixture, then stir well.
- 5Add the flour to the bowl and mix well until thoroughly blended.
- 6Pour into a buttered 9x5 loaf pan.
- 7Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees, or till toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool on rack for ten minutes, then remove from pan.
- 9There are many variations. You can add nuts, shredded carrots or zuchinni, dates, coconut, ginger. You can also vary the fruit - try mango/banana for a tropical zing!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorilou's Quick N Easy Banana Bread - Take Two
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g