Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Having so many bananas at one time, I've been playing around with my old tried and true banana bread recipe. It feels a little like a betrayal, but find that my sweet tooth has changed a bit over the years and I don't always like things as sweet. So here's another take on my old trusted friend... this one has sour cream, which gives it a bit of a tang. It's still basically a one-bowl recipe and doesn't require a mixer. Easy-peasy!!!
- In a medium bowl, add melted butter to mashed bananas and mix well.
- In small bowl, beat the egg, then add the sour cream and vanilla, mix well until thoroughly combined. Add to the banana mixture and stir well to incorporate.
- Add sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the banana mixture, stirring well to incorporate.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over banana mixture, then stir well.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix well until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a buttered 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees, or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for ten minutes, then remove from pan.
- There are many variations. You can add nuts, shredded carrots or zuchinni, dates, coconut, ginger. You can also vary the fruit - try mango/banana for a tropical zing!