Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not a chili fan but a friend gave me this recipe and this is the only one I make now. It makes a BIG pot but it freezes well.
- 1814.36 g hamburger
- 0 onion, diced
- 3 (5443.10 g) can tomato juice or 3 (5443.10 g) can V8 vegetable juice
- 425.24 g can chili beans
- 425.24 g can red beans
- 425.24 g can pork and beans
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 425.24 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 283.49 g bottle chili sauce (optional)
- Brown hamburger and onion.
- While browning hamburger, put the rest of the ingredients into a large pot.
- Drain hamburger and add to pot.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Can also be made in the crock pot.
- I normally make this without the chili sauce because I have the other ingredients on hand.
- Put into soup bowls, sprinkle with some cheese and enjoy.
Excellent! A very good keeper, handy to have from the freezer for unexpected friends who drop around!