I'm not a chili fan but a friend gave me this recipe and this is the only one I make now. It makes a BIG pot but it freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs hamburger
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 3 (64 ounce) cans tomato juice or 3 (64 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle chili sauce (optional)
- 1Brown hamburger and onion.
- 2While browning hamburger, put the rest of the ingredients into a large pot.
- 3Drain hamburger and add to pot.
- 4Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 5Can also be made in the crock pot.
- 6I normally make this without the chili sauce because I have the other ingredients on hand.
- 7Put into soup bowls, sprinkle with some cheese and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lori B's Chili
Serving Size: 1 (765 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 1888.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 43.8 g