Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not a chili fan but a friend gave me this recipe and this is the only one I make now. It makes a BIG pot but it freezes well.
- 4 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 3 (64 ounce) cans tomato juice or 3 (64 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle chili sauce (optional)
- Brown hamburger and onion.
- While browning hamburger, put the rest of the ingredients into a large pot.
- Drain hamburger and add to pot.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Can also be made in the crock pot.
- I normally make this without the chili sauce because I have the other ingredients on hand.
- Put into soup bowls, sprinkle with some cheese and enjoy.
Excellent! A very good keeper, handy to have from the freezer for unexpected friends who drop around!