Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From St. Wenceslaus Church cookbook, Tabor, South Dakota. I frequently make this for bake sales and it is always one of the first pies to sell.
- Prebake the 9 inch pie crust for 7 minutes at 350. Let cool.
- Mix together the 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, sour cream, beaten egg, vanilla, salt and apples.
- Put in cooled pie shell.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.
- While the apple mixture is baking, mix together the 1/2 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and butter until coarse crumbs form. I use my pastry blender to do this.
- Remove pie from oven at the end of the 30-40 minute baking time.
- Spread crumb mixture on top and return to oven for 10 minutes longer at 375.
- Cool and serve.
this recipe was in a hand written 1930s cookbook from neligh ne