Recipe by Some1sGrandma
This is the salad Loretta brings to all of our family gatherings. We always request her to bring this one no matter what the occasion. She came up with this after having lunch at Reed-N-Cross and having a broccoli salad she just loved. Now we all love it and look forward to her bringing it!
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, shelled and salted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl combine broccoli, raisins, and onion.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise.
- Pour mayo mixture over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Just before serving sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds and toss to coat.