Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions,
- Using a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- While warm, poke holes halfway into cake about 1 inch apart.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into holes.
- Pour caramel topping over entire cake and chill in the refrigerator.
- When cake is cool, top it with Cool Whip and crushed Heath candy.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
I made this cake for Easter 2012 and it was a BIG hit!!! I also made Ms. Loretta's scalloped potato recipe for the same meal...and they were delicious!!!! The cake is VERY rich and sweet..so small pieces are recommended!!
This cake was very moist and rich. I squirted some Hershey's chocolate syrup and some extra caramel syrup over the top of each slice for show. A surefire winner here!
I made this cake for a party on the weekend, and everyone loved it. I found my husband eating the leftovers (not that there was much) out of the pan with a fork. He says it is a definate keeper, and I agree.