Recipe by Myrna 2
Another celebrity recipe. Don't care for apples, but love apple pastry.
Top Review by Color Guard Mom
I liked this turnover. The crust is just too dry for me to say I love it. I had a really difficult time getting it to keep it's shape when moving from the rolling sheet to the baking tray. It is very easy to make and with a crust improvement here and there, it promises to be 5 stars - at least in my book. Thanks for posting. Made for the I Recommend Tag Game.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 5 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 1 (20 -22 ounce) can apple pie filling
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in shortening. Sprinkle with water a little at a time til dough can be patted into a ball.
- On a floured surface, roll out half of dough into 10x15 rectangle. Cut into 5" squares.Repeat with the other half of dough.
- Put about 2 T. of pie filling in each square. Fold into a triangle. Seal edges with a fork. Prick top.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12 - 15 minutes. Cool slightly,and sprinkle with powder sugar if desired.