1/4 Photos of Lore's Pan Roasted Chicken Breast
1 hr 50 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This delicious recipe was given to me by my aunt. Note: As of Nov 3, 2008, I've revised the recipe and directions so as to make them more clear on the advise of one of the reviewers. I've added an approximate weight to the 6 chicken breasts. As far as the pan goes, my favourite pans are well seasoned cast iron as they tend to be relatively nonstick and go from stove top to oven readily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To caramelize the shallots (may be done early in day) heat oven to 375 F and melt 1/2 of the oil/butter in an ovenproof pan.
- 2Add shallots and toss to coat.
- 3Place uncovered pan in oven for 30 minutes, tossing once.
- 4Add wine and vinegar, continue roasting for another 45 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from oven and place on stovetop.
- 6MAIN INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 7To the caramelized shallots, add stock and reduce to half.
- 8Season chicken to taste.
- 9Heat a heavy bottomed, oven proof pan over medium heat until it just begins to smoke.
- 10Add remaining oil/butter, add seasoned chicken skin side down and sear for 3 minutes to crisp skin.
- 11Place pan in oven for 15 minutes.
- 12Return to stovetop, turn breasts over and finish cooking (5 minutes).
- 13To serve:.
- 14Slice chicken in half on an angle and spoon shallots over top.
- 15Good with sweet or regular mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lore's Pan Roasted Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g