Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter gave me an onion ring recipe similar to this. I made a few changes when I made it for me and my husband earlier this week. It was a real hit and a definite keeper.
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup crushed Fiber One cereal
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (not the stuff that comes in the green can, please)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cut the onion into 1/2 inch rings
- Using a food processor grind the cereal; to a crumb like texture.
- Using 2 bowls, fill one bowl with the egg beaters, the other bowl with the crushed cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the onion rings with the egg beater,, then with the cereal/cheese mixture.
- Spray a cookie sheet with some cooking spray. Bake the onion rings at 375º for @ 20 minutes, turning the rings over after @ 10 minutes.