Prep 2 hrs
Cook 48 hrs
This is the traditional potato salad we serve at our church's Lord's Acre Day dinner.
Make and share this Lord's Acre Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 81646.62 g potatoes
- 4535.92 g onions
- 18 dozen eggs (hard boiled)
- 3785.0 ml mayonnaise (Miracle Whip)
- 9462.5 ml pickles (Curry pickle Maxine's Curry Pickle (A Sweet Pickle))
- 4082.33 g sugar
- 2365.0 ml vinegar
- celery seed
- Peel and dice potatoes, keeping in water so they do not turn brown.
- Peel and dice onions.
- Boil potatoes until just tender.
- Refrigerate onions.
- Refrigerate potatoes.
- Next day make hard boiled eggs, and dice.
- Combine all ingredients, adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Refrigerate overnight.
FALL PAC 2008: Barbara - I scaled this down to 12 servings. It was excellent. I did add a little extra Miracle Whip to suit our tastes!! Two thumbs up!
Made & reviewed for my PAC baby! I think the quantity puts people off here but I'm glad I took the time to reduce the recipe down to feed 4 - it was well worth it! We love potato salad & this recipe is delightful. I love the combination of the celery seed & the pickles! I will definitely be making this again & come summertime when we have one of our HUGE BBQ's I will certainly have this on the menu ;) Thanks so much Barbara for this great recipe!