Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is from the Food Network Canada "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry by Greta and Janet Podleski". This is a great tasting wing with less calories. I have now made this twice & received many compliments. I do recommend that you make the "Blue Cheese Dip" as it so good! I have made this recipe "in full" the day before serving grilling the wings 2mins. per side. Then just before serving reheating on the grill 1min. per side.
chicken wings with honey-garlic marinade
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
blue cheese dip
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (not fat-free)
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Chicken "Wings" with Honey-Garlic Marinade: Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cut each chicken thigh in half.
- Place chicken pieces in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag.
- Add 1/2 the marinade to bag (reserve remaining marinade).
- Turn bag several times to coat chicken with marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and fold or roll the chicken pieces into uniform oblong “wings.”
- Place wings on baking sheet close together (touching), as this will help them hold their shape.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until partially cooked and still pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush grill rack lightly with oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Using tongs, transfer par-baked wings to grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting often with reserved marinade.
- The more you baste, the better they taste!
- They should have some nice grill marks on them.
- Serve hot wings with cold blue cheese dip.
- Blue Cheese Dip: Whirl together all dip ingredients in the bowl of a mini food processor until almost smooth.
- The dip shouldn’t be perfectly smooth like sour cream; it should have some texture, but no lumps.
- You can mash the blue cheese and mix the dip by hand, but it will be chunky.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Keeps in the fridge for about two days.
Wow this is good!! At first, I thought it odd to match a hoisin marinated chicken with a blue cheese dip, but just go ahead and do it, it's incredibly yummy. Thanks so much for sharing :)
Delicious! We had this at a friend's house. Then I found the recipe here. We have tried it a few times, using boneless, skinless chicken thighs. We just marinade, then bake it in the oven at 400 F for 30-40 min. Its been a favorite with everyone so far!
Yum! Yum! Yum! I marinated this for two days (I was planning to marinate for one day but the day didn't go accordingly). The wings were delicious, I cooked them on the BBQ and served them with the blue cheese sauce. Hubby who is a Lord of the Wings fan liked the name. Thank you Kit^..^ty Of Canada