This is made from the leftover egg yolks from the Lady Baltimore cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
Filling and Frosting
- 1Cream butter; gradually add sugar; beat until fluffy.
- 2Beat egg yolks until thick and slowly add to the mixture.
- 3Mix together the cake flour, salt, and baking powder and add alternately with the milk.
- 4Add extracts.
- 5Pour mixture into 3 greased and floured 9-inch layer pans.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 7Invert pans and continue cooling.
- 8Lord Baltimore Frosting.
- 9Mix sugar, cream of tartar, water and salt.
- 10Bring to boiling, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 11Slowly add sugar to egg whites, beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes.
- 12Beat in vanilla.
- 13To 2 cups of frosting add remaining ingredients.
- 14Spread first layer of cake with half of the fruit frosting, cover with second layer.
- 15Spread with remaining fruit mixture.
- 16Top with third layer.
- 17Frost entire cake with remaining plain frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lord Baltimore Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: