Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Penuche-flavored walnuts! Easy to make and great for Christmas gift-giving in small tins or cello bags.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and sour cream in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until it boils.
- Continue to boil until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°F)or until it forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water. Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour hot candy mixture over walnuts in a mixing bowl. Mix until walnuts are evenly coated.
- Spoon out onto waxed paper. Separate walnuts. Allow to cool and set. When dry store in airtight container.