This recipe is from an old canning book...I think this would make a nice gift.......
Make and share this Loquat Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Wash loquats and remove ends and seeds.
- Cut in half and place in a suacepan with the lemon juice and water.
- Add lemon halves and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lemon and cinnamon sticks.
- Continue cooking until mushy.
- Puree in a food processor or food mill.
- Put puree in a heavy pan and add sugar.
- Stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes until puree is thick and spreadable.
- Put into hot jars, clean rims and seal.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.