Recipe by seahorse73
Thanks to Home Cooked Food & Recipes from dogster.com, For dogs that have had a bit too much 'stuff' that they're a little bit 'loose.' (Get it?)
Top Review by Buster's friend
we've been making chickn'rice using whole chickens in our crockpot, boning them & adding rice & cooking more for the past 9 months - it sure has cured Roxy's "tender tummy" (& that's really good news). We freeze 1 cup servings of this & thaw in microwave - mix with lamb/rice kibble & sometimecottage cheese or unsalted chicken broth. Reba loves it too. We'll NEVER go back to canned dog food - this is tooo easy & the girls like it so much more. Plan to try some carrots in the next batch! update - wonder whether the GI ailments were due to something ungood in the wet dog food! We'll be making this always - too easy to control what goes into the mix & the girls are happy & healthy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked plain carrot
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts in a small amount of water until done; chop. Cook carrots in a small amount of water until tender but not mushy. Mix both with the rice and cottage cheese. You may want to add some broth from the meat or carrots if it seems too dry.
- A nice plain meal to get your baby 'firmed up.' Keep any leftovers in the fridge.
- Optional flavorings (add 1 if desired): 1/4 cup mashed banana; 1/4 cup mashed or chopped plain potatoes; 1/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese.
- Remember to go easy since you're trying to get their little tummies back to normal!