Recipe by cherrycola
I threw this together for something different one day. It has become a favorite meal for my family. The crust is simple and delicious, the filling moist and creamy. Makes a meal all by itself. Great for any get-together.
Top Review by She's a Moser Girl
My first experirence with the loosemeat style of recipe. It is okay. We added jalapeno and it still needed pepper sauce. I might make it again, but I would have to add a lot more onion, garlic and seasonings.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lb hamburger
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375.
- Prepare crust.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add water and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Spread half mixture in bottom of greased 9x11 cake pan.
- Set aside.
- Prepare filling.
- Brown hamburger, drain all but 2 TBLS of grease.
- Add seasonings.
- Add 1 TBLS flour.
- Place mixture on crust by spooning onto top. Carefully spread evenly.
- Top with remaining crust mix by dropping spoonfuls on top.
- Bake 25 - 30 mins until light golden brown.