Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The first time I made this I was serving my plate thinking what am I about to eat? I had my boyfriend take the first bite to make sure he didn't die. Then I took a bite and said, "Holy Crap this actually tastes good!" If you're adventurous, try this salad.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup red seedless grapes
- 3⁄4 cup green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Mix onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with spices until all sides are covered.
- Spray a medium sized pan with cooking spray and heat to medium.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken on a clean dish and put in freezer.
- Slice Celery and add to a large bowl.
- Add walnuts, green, and red grapes to bowl.
- Add yogurt, orange juice, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to bowl.
- Stir ingredients.
- Take chicken out of freezer and add to bowl.
- Stir and Serve.
The chicken prepared this way was really good, but mixed as a chicken salad was not my cup of tea. It didn't look disgusting, as the title says, but it tasted like two dishes mismatched into one.
A good simple lunch salad, next time I may add more vegetables since I left out the walnuts (ds doesn't eat nuts). The chicken was spiced perfectly and will make chicken this way again.