Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yes, I am determined to invent the best no fat cookies ever made! The addition of a bit of cinnamon seems to make all the difference for this chocolate cookie. The applesauce is what makes this cookie moist.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- Mix first 7 ingredients together. Set aside.
- Beat egg. Mix in vanilla and melted chocolate. Add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet. I use a small cookie scoop to make perfect cookies and keep my portion size accurate.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
I followed the recipe exactly except I used probably 1/2 cup of egg beaters. The batter was very stiff and I got nervous and added more egg. The texture is really quite fudgey for not having a drop of fat in them. Next time, I would roll them in powdered sugar after baking. I think that would make them Christmas tray ready!! Thanks for this recipe!