1/6 Photos of Look Both Ways Snitch and Run! Potatoes
I'm not a "measurer", so I used to bring all my stuff to someone's house to make these by request to show them how to make them. I FINALLY wrote it down! DH said they are right on, but he liked a bit more salt. So that part is up to you. I liked them as is...here is my "infamous", lol, recipe. Glad I finally actually wrote it down, and happy to share with you all! ENJOY!!! Remember, they are really good hot, but....omg...they are sooooo addictive warm/room temp.!!!! They need NO dipping sauce whatsoever! Just plain ol' good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt, a little bit more if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 large red potatoes (russet-size)
- 1In medium-sized micro-safe bowl, combine above ingredients except potatoes.
- 2Nuke for about 1-2 minutes, or until butter is melted.
- 3Stir well, scraping bottom.
- 4Cut potatoes into wedges, cutting each into eighths.
- 5Toss very well into bowl of butter mixture. Make sure you scrape bottom of bowl to get all the good stuff incorporated and potatoes coated.
- 6If bowl is shallow, bake in that, or pour into glass pie plate or appropriate-sized pan.
- 7Start off with potatoes standing up, skin side down, pouring any butter mixture leftover, over the top of them, coating. After about 10 minutes, start basting and stirring potatoes as needed.
- 8Bake in 400º oven for a total of about 40-45 minutes, or til very tender. Trick of these is though, is to have them DONE about 20 minutes before the rest of the dinner is done. They are KILLER about room temperature!
- 9I used to call them “snitch 5”, because the leftovers were the BEST, guests cannot resist stealing them out of the pan, and about 5 would fit in the palm of their hands! ENJOY!
- 10*The red potatoes I use are about the same size as russets. Only maybe just a tad smaller, so if yours are really small, you may want to even double the amount of potatoes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Look Both Ways Snitch and Run! Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: