Recipe by Oolala
This is from the gal who does my Mom's nails in Florida. Her Mother made this and she was raving about it, so my Mom got the recipe. Loni said her Mom doesn't measure, she just throws it all together. Adjust to your taste.
- 1 beef brisket, enough for 4-6
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- sazon complete seasoning, Goya makes this, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sofrito sauce, frozen, to taste
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled whole tomatoes
- cilantro, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in a pan by searing on both sides.
- In a roasting pan add the meat.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients in a bowl and add over the meat.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 3 hours, checking for tenderness. When almost done, add tomatoes and cilantro.
- Let meat rest on a cutting board and slice against the grain.
- Serve with rice.