This is my SIL's mom's recipe and I love them. They freeze well. I'm diabetic, and use Splenda instead of sugar, but they stick slightly to the pan. I'm guessing on the number of patties. I usually just use however many squash/zukes I have on hand, and I've made them so often, I just kinda measure "by eye".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix squash, onion together in bowl.
- 2Add egg, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 3Add enough flour to hold together (it should resemble pancake batter).
- 4Melt equal amounts of butter and olive oil.
- 5(I start with 2 tbs. of each).
- 6Drop by spoonfuls in skillet (should look like pancakes).
- 7NOTE: If you do a double/triple batch, more oil/butter will be needed in pan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Long's Squash Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 5.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g