Recipe by ~Bliss~
This is my SIL's mom's recipe and I love them. They freeze well. I'm diabetic, and use Splenda instead of sugar, but they stick slightly to the pan. I'm guessing on the number of patties. I usually just use however many squash/zukes I have on hand, and I've made them so often, I just kinda measure "by eye".
- 4 cups coarsely grated yellow squash
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix squash, onion together in bowl.
- Add egg, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add enough flour to hold together (it should resemble pancake batter).
- Melt equal amounts of butter and olive oil.
- (I start with 2 tbs. of each).
- Drop by spoonfuls in skillet (should look like pancakes).
- NOTE: If you do a double/triple batch, more oil/butter will be needed in pan.