1/1 Photo of Longevity Noodles With Chicken, Ginger, and Mushrooms
This dish is traditionally eaten for Chinese New Year. Everything is cut long to symbolize longevity, hence the name. This version is adapted from "Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge" by Grace Young. Please note, this recipe uses fresh noodles; if using dried follow package instruction and it will take longer to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g lo mein noodles (fresh)
- 9.85 ml toasted sesame oil
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 4.92 ml chinese rice wine or 4.92 ml dry sherry
- 14.79 ml chinese rice wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- kosher salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 29.58 ml peanut oil or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 141.74 g napa cabbage, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 113.39 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 118.29 ml green onion, finely julienned
- 1Use a medium saucepan to boil noodles just until they are done, 3 to 5 minutes; stir to prevent sticking.
- 2Drain noodles and rinse with cold water to cool down; return to pot and toss with sesame oil. and set aside.
- 3In a shallow bowl, combine chicken, ginger, 1 teaspoon rice wine, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 4In a separate small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon rice wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce; set aside.
- 5Heat a wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and stir fry pepper flakes for 10 seconds; add chicken and let sear 1 minute, then stir fry 2 to 3 minutes until done, then place in a bowl.
- 6Add cabbage and mushrooms to wok and stir fry 1 minute to wilt; add to bowl with chicken.
- 7Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok and stir fry noodles for 30 seconds; stir in soy sauce/wine mixture.
- 8Return chicken and vegetables to wok, along with green onions; season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, stir to heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Longevity Noodles With Chicken, Ginger, and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.8
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 793.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 25.8 g