4 hrs 3 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
From Darlene Kossman. This is the recipe she used. She says it's very good. she has a maple frosting that ive posted also and fillings also
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine shortening and boiling water.
- 2Stir in milk.
- 3Stir in lemon flavoring.
- 4Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 5Stir yeast mixture into shortening mixture.
- 6When well blended add remaining ingredients.
- 7Add just enough flour to knead well.
- 8Knead on floured board for about 5 minutes.
- 9Let rest 10 minutes.
- 10Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- 11Cut into strips 1" by 6" cover.
- 12Let rise 1 hour.
- 13Heat deep fat fryer to 375°F.
- 14Slip raised side in fat first.
- 15When browned, turn. This gives flat side time to raise.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Long Johns (Doughnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: