Recipe by Dienia B.
From Darlene Kossman. This is the recipe she used. She says it's very good. she has a maple frosting that ive posted also and fillings also
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 1⁄2-9 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shortening and boiling water.
- Stir in milk.
- Stir in lemon flavoring.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir yeast mixture into shortening mixture.
- When well blended add remaining ingredients.
- Add just enough flour to knead well.
- Knead on floured board for about 5 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into strips 1" by 6" cover.
- Let rise 1 hour.
- Heat deep fat fryer to 375°F.
- Slip raised side in fat first.
- When browned, turn. This gives flat side time to raise.