Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the way I make Long Island Iced Tea. It does taste different from the usual Long Island. The citrus is a nice touch. Since I am frequently asked for the recipe by those that try it... I am posting it for all. As always, use quality liquor. Cheers!
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce rum
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec or 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce lime juice or 1 ounce prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce cola (I use coke) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grenadine, topper
- 1 lime, wheel, garnish
- Pour the first 7 ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice. Add Cola (if using) and grenadine. Stir.
- Garnish with lime wheel and serve.
Thanks for posting... nice twist but still prefer the traditional long island.
Original Review Sept 22, 2008. This is a great drink!! I used Pepsi instead of Coke At first it was a little too strong for me so I added a couple of more ounces of Pepsi and it was perfect. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe!! Made for PAC Fall '08.Updated October 27 because I forgot to put stars on it. :blush:
Wow this drink packs a punch. I used grand marnier and sweet and sour mix. The first one I made I added one ounce of coke and the second one I added two ounces I liked it better with a little more coke in it. I thought the grenadine was a nice addition. This is the way I will mix Long Island Ice Tea from now on. I think two is my limit. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!!