1 hr 10 mins
From Mrs. Nelson Rockefeller in Favorite Recipies of our FIrst Ladies, 1971. I never made duck but love it so maybe this will be the recipe I'll try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter the duck and rub all over with salt, pepper' poultry seasoning and paprika.
- 2Place duck in a dry skillet, skin side down and cover tightly; cook over medium heat for 1 hour, turning the duck over every 20 minutes.
- 3DO NOT POUR OFF FAT DURING COOKING.
- 4For the sauce, combine the wine, clove, nutmeg, thyme, allspice and orange peel and cook over moderate heat until the volume is reduced to one half.
- 5Heat the bottled brown sauce and add it to the sauce.
- 6Blend well and add the currant jelly and once that dissolves, add the black cherries, orange juice, and butter.
- 7Serve very hot over duckling.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Long Island Duckling With Black Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1498.0
- Calories from Fat 1151
- Total Fat 127.8 g
- Saturated Fat 43.8 g
- Cholesterol 248.5 mg
- Sodium 1109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: