Recipe by RyGuy
I am the fourth generation to learn how to make this long cooking spaghetti sauce. It has very few ingredients, and it's secret is the long cook down time that thickens the sauce. Everyone loves it, and meatballs are an added treat. This sauce freezes well for up to 1-2 months, and is sure to be a hit for any age. My mom suggests you have a splatter screen on hand to make this sauce - it can get messy if unwatched.
- 2 (12 ounce) tomato paste
- 10 (12 ounce) cans cold water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stock pot, bring sauce ingredients to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer and cook about 4 hours, or until thick, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- You can use a splatter screen over the pot, but not a solid lid - sauce needs to be uncovered.
- For meatballs:.
- About one hour before sauce is finished, combine ground chuck, egg and salt/pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Combine in bowl, and form into round balls. I use a cookie scoop.
- Spoon balls into sauce, and allow to cook while sauce is simmering.