Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great with anything spicy.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut 2 in pieces
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 inch gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- Blanch beans in boiling water and rinse in cold running water.
- Melt ghee in saucepan add ginger root, garlic, stir add turmeric, cayenne, and ground coriander. Stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, tossing them until coated in spices.
- Add stock, bring to boil and cook over medium-high for 10 minutes until sauce thickened stirring occasionally.
- Add beans reduce heat and cook 5 min stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
5 Stars ! Ooooh these are good! and so easy to make too ! We had an unexpected guest for dinner and this was an excellent way to dress up some beans into a company worthy dish. I didn't use gee, but subbed a tiny splsh of olive oil and both my local supermarket and I were out of dried coriander (cilantro) so I bought fresh.. wonderful ! oodles of flavour and great for our vegetarian guest. Please see my Rating System: 5 wonderful stars for a flavour explosion that is simple, fresh and which turns plain green beans into something special. Thanks!