Recipe by Jen T
This recipe comes from my very good Danish friend who always makes this for get togethers. Making time does not include setting time.
Top Review by Evie*
Delicious Jen! I love lemon desserts on a hot Summer evening..and this was just the flavour and texture I like. We had had some hot and spicy dips with munchies prior to this so it was perfect to cool the mouth down..lol Great recipe.
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 lemons (use juice of both & grated peel of 1)
- 300 ml heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt gelatine in hot water
- Beat egg yolks & sugar together until thick.
- Stir in lemon peel to yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Add lemon juice to gelatine and then pour into yolk mixture and fold through.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Lastly fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into nice glass bowl and leave to set in fridge until set.