Prep 14 mins
Cook 0 mins
Copycat recipe posted by request. I am led to believe that this is to be served with French fries.
Make and share this Lone Star Steakhouse Spicy Ranch Dip Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- 8 fluid ounces prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix ‘em up.
I've also never tried the original, so I have no frame of reference, but this is the most disgusting dip I've ever eaten! Even my husband, who likes absolutely everything, couldn't eat it. I have no clue how this has five stars. This dip went in the trash!
I have not had the original but it sounded like something I would like. But I found the spices really over powering and just with a bit of it I couldn't taste what I was eating. I added about 50 g of cream cheese to calm it down and it was then good, but not great. If I try it again, I would cut the spices in half or maybe even a quarter.
I too, have no frame of reference for this dip. It is tasty, but a little salty. Beware it is not pretty once you get all those ingredients in!! I think it might be good either cutting the ingredients in half, or mixing with 16oz. dressing.