Love 2 Cook's Note:
Whenever I bring this recipe to a get together, a crowd quickly gathers around the platter and the salsa disappears just as fast. A friend of mine gave me this recipe, which she got from a friend of hers and was told that it was the recipe for the Lone Star Salsa(Tex Mex restuarnt).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fresh tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 small jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 red onion, chopped (the amount you use is up to you)
- 1To easily peel tomatoes, cut an X into the top or bottom of the tomato and place in boiling water for a few minutes remove, let cool slightly and remove skin.
- 2Dice tomatoes, place in food processor add tomato paste, chopped peppers, minced garlic, cilantro, salt, onions, garlic powder and oil. Process until mixed.
- 3This mixture usually fills my food processor, so I empty this into a bowl; add the can of diced tomatoes and process to chop the tomatoes a little finer. I then put this into first mixture and mix.
- 4At this point the salsa is ready to serve, but if left to sit in refrigerator for a few hours the salsa will thicken and the flavours will intensify.
- 5This method produces a fine textured salsa. I you like a chunkier salsa, I sometimes place onions, seeded peppers, cilantro, garlic in the processor whole and process until chopped. I then take the tomatoes and pulse them until I have the texture I like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lone Star Steakhouse Salsa - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (1589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1911.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g