6 hrs 25 mins
Wonderful and warm for cold nights! I usually start this the night before by completing step one, and placing the chicken and broth in the refrigerator in separate containers. The next evening the finishing touches are quick and the result is delicious! (After the first time I prepared this, I left the pearl onions out. They add flavor, but I can do without the pickled taste. I also usually use skim milk and it turn out fine).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large stewing chicken
- 6 cups water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, minus liquid from one can
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pickled pearl onions
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 15 ounces prepared pie crusts (2 pillsbury pie crusts, per package directions)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce (kitchen bouquet)
- 1Cook chicken, in water, for about 4-5 hours. Turn often and keep covered. Skim fat as needed but don't remove all fat.
- 2Transfer chicken to a plate to cool, Keep broth simmering on low.
- 3Add two small cans of mixed vegetables, minus the liquid from one can. When chicken is cool, tear into small bites and add to broth.
- 4Add chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, sage, pearl onions, pepper and salt.
- 5Bake two Pillsbury pie crusts according to package directions and let cool. Set aside.
- 6In a shaker jar, mix flour, corn starch and milk. Shake until smooth. Add slowly to the broth, stirring constantly.
- 7Add Kitchen Bouquet and stir until smooth, adding more milk if necessary.
- 8Pour into bowls over the top of crumbled pie crust. Add a bit more crust on top.
- 9This makes about 4 quarts of soup, which can be frozen. Defrost and bake pie crust at the time of serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Chicken Pot Pie Soup - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.0
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 547.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled pearl onions