Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I had this in Salt Lake City, UT and loved it. I was happy to find the copy-cat recipe. Garnish with sour cream, chopped red onions or if you are really risky, chopped jalapenos!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider or 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pour the canned beans, along with the liquid, into a medium saucepan. Add the remaining soup ingredients and mix.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, adding water if necessary or until it's as thick as you like.
- Serve each bowl of soup with a garnish of red onion, jalapeno slices and sour cream arranged carefully in the center of soup.
I make this about once a month it's so easy. I love the cold creamy contrast of the sour cream to the hot soup and jalepenos. I even eat it cold or mash it for a substitute for refried beans. I've never been to Lone Star Steakhouse but I love it!
I didn't try as I don't care for beans, but DH gave this an enthusiastic 4 stars. Thanks for a good, easy recipe!
Very good recipe. Quick and easy, too! Lonestar's black bean soup is my husband's favoorite, and this is, indeed, very close to theirs. Thank you for sharing this here.