Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I had this in Salt Lake City, UT and loved it. I was happy to find the copy-cat recipe. Garnish with sour cream, chopped red onions or if you are really risky, chopped jalapenos!
Top Review by karen downes
I make this about once a month it's so easy. I love the cold creamy contrast of the sour cream to the hot soup and jalepenos. I even eat it cold or mash it for a substitute for refried beans. I've never been to Lone Star Steakhouse but I love it!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider or 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the canned beans, along with the liquid, into a medium saucepan. Add the remaining soup ingredients and mix.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, adding water if necessary or until it's as thick as you like.
- Serve each bowl of soup with a garnish of red onion, jalapeno slices and sour cream arranged carefully in the center of soup.