Recipe by AmyZoe
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This dressing is so phenomenal you'll wonder why you ever bothered with store bought dressing. It's simple yet you feel like you're dining at an expensive restaurant. I don't normally have buttermilk, but a quick tip from Joy of Cooking I do regularly is to throw in a splash of vinegar to the milk (does the trick and you don't have to go buy buttermilk). I don't know if this recipe is a good copycat of Lonestar's, but I do know you'll scarf down your salad. Recipe from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur. Thank you Todd!
Top Review by Ambiann
I LOVE the Lone Star bleu cheese dressing, it is the reason I go to that restaurant. I was a little skeptical, but this tastes VERY much like it. It is so good, and very easy to make. Also, I just used a wisk to mix everything, didn't bother using the hand mixer, and it worked out just fine.
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (large)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients for bleu cheese dressing in a medium bowl.
- Slice a head of iceberg lettuce into quarters through the stem end.
- Cut the stem off the wedges and arrange each one on a plate.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of bleu cheese dressing over each lettuce wedge.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of crumbled bleu cheese over the dressing.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of diced tomato over the top and serve.