Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the recipe I used for my first time making chili. Realy good and easy.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs turkey
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspeeled diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown beef in large sauce pan over medium heat and drain.
- Add onion and jalapeno peppers and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 8 servings.