Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is Texas Caviar, we are at least a 5 generation Texas family and this is a staple at dinner parties, especially around new years (black eyed peas give you good luck for the whole next year) kinda like potato salad.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, heated and drained
- 1 whole green pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 bunch green onion, and tops
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- Let the black eyed peas cool for 15 minutes.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and serve.