1/4 Photos of London's Borough Market Chocolate Brownies
French Tart's Note:
Borough market brownie-maker Matt Jones shared his infamous dense chocolate brownie recipe on BBC Good Food, and I am posting it here for safe-keeping! For anyone who has tasted one of these brownies, the experience is sublime.......deep, intense and chewy brownies that are packed full of lucious chocolate! Borough Market is London's oldest food market, its origins date back from the time when the Romans built the original London Bridge. And, although it has moved from where it was originally established, Borough Market has occupied its current site for the last 250 years. You can find both food and non-food items in this market, but locals regularly go here to get fresh produce from various parts of the British Isles. One of the most popular foodie treats in the market, is the ostrich burger, as well as these delicious brownies. Makes 12 LARGE squidgy brownies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and base-line a 20cm-square baking tin with baking parchment.
- 2Gently melt chocolate and unsalted butter together in a bowl over hot water until smooth then cool a little.
- 3Whisk 6 whole eggs, 2 yolks and caster sugar together until pale. Fold the melted chocolate mix into the eggs. Sieve cocoa powder with plain flour then fold everything together until evenly mixed.
- 4Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until slightly risen at the edges. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- 5Cut into 12 and indulge - you should have a thin crisp crust and a rich, gooey centre.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for London's Borough Market Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.7
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 195.4 mg
- Sodium 49.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g