Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from the Eating Well Diet. Sounds delish and would be a great vegetarian lunch or dinner! Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 thin slices whole-grain rye bread, toasted
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, slices
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Mix together cream cheese, mustard and chopped dill. Spread the mixture over toasted bread.
- Top one slice with egg, tomato and salt and pepper. Cover with the other slice of bread.
Yep, this is a British sarnie JB! Not so much a London sarnie but a Nationwide sarnie that is loved all over the UK, and one of my favourites! I made this with Granary bread for a real authentic British taste and served it with extra tomato and a small salad. I used a little Colman's mustard, I would not normally add mustard or cream cheese, but I liked the change of pace! Made for ZWT6 and GB for the Whine and Cheese Gang. Merci darlink! FT:-)
Yum! I love all of the ingredients in this. I used a low-fat cream cheese, marble rye and whole grain mustard. Loved all of the flavors, though I might use more spread next time. :) I can't wait to eat this again and think it would be great even for breakfast. Made for ZWT 8.
This reminds we very much of eating an egg salad sandwich with the addition of a tomato. I used Neufchatel Cheese and mads this gluten free by using gluten free ingredients and substituting the bread for a gluten free variety. If you like egg salad you will like this sandwich. Made for ZWT8.