Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you are like me you are confused by the terms London Broil and Flank Steak because our meat counters carry both cuts of meat. This recipe is for Flank Steak, not sure why it is called London Broiled though. I BBQ this instead of Broiling it.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- Remove excess fat from steak and then score on both sides.
- Place all other ingredients in a shallow pan (or ziplock bag) and mix well.
- Add steak and turn over a few times to coat. Marinate 3-24 hours, turning several times during the marinating time.
- Place steak under preheated broiler 3" from the heat and broil each side 4 minutes.
- Slice thin across the grain diagonally.
Delicious marinade! I substituted Frank's Red Hot for Tabasco, but other than that, followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for posting :-)