Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was inspired by Meritage Restraunt in Charleston, SC. Prepare all ingredients for all parts of this recipe ahead of time. You will be cooking the meat and the topping at the same time and won’t have time to prepare the ingredients at the same time.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (Shiraz)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 orange rind or 1 tangerine peel, crushed
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 2 -3 lbs london broil beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 8 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- In a small bowl combine: red wine (Shiraz), water, olive oil, chopped garlic, Salt, Whole pepper corns, Orange rind, and Bay leaves.
- Season meat with 1 tsp salt, 1tsp pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Place in shallow pan, cover with marinade and marinate for 1-3 hours.
- For medium rare, grill on a medium heat grill for 5 minutes on each side. For medium doneness, grill over medium heat for 7 minutes on each side.
- While meat is grilling, heat a small sauté pan to medium heat, and melt butter. Sauté mushrooms and onions 2-3 minutes.
- Add Roasted Peppers and continue to sauté for another minute or so, then cover and remove from heat.
- When meat comes off of the grill, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- When ready to serve, add feta cheese to the sauté topping mixture, toss and serve over meat slices.