Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe originally came from an old Pillsbury cookbook. I tweeked it a little by adding fresh tomatoes instead of canned, and red wine instead of water. It's been a family favorite for years.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare sauce before grilling steak:.
- Melt butter or margarine in saucepan.
- Cook onion and tomato in butter until tender.
- Add soup, wine and Dijon mustard.
- Heat, stirring occasionally.
- Keep warm to serve over sliced meat.
- Place steak on grill 3 to 4 inches from hot coals.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Thinly slice meat diagonally across the grain.
- Serve with sauce.