Recipe by Krish:)cooks
London broil, grilled to perfection. I have tried many, and keep coming back to the sweet and tangy of this marinade. This can be reduced to half for a smaller roast, although the left overs are AWESOME
- 3 -4 lbs london broil beef
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I cut the larger size steaks in half, only to cook evenly.
- mix all ingredients in bowl, use a ziploc bag to marinate meat. once marinade is mixed, pour evenly over meat in bag. refrigerate for 2-24 hours. any longer the meat gets salty. turn bag every couple hours if possible to coat meat.
- take meat out 45 minutes prior to grilling.
- do not throw marinade out -- but take bay leaves out prior to cooking.
- Pre heat grill on medium for 15 min.
- I try and use a meat thermomater in one half of the steak, or in the middle for a full roast.
- keep grill on medium and sear steak for 7 minutes on each side, I then indirect grill them for an additional 11 minutes each side pouring the marinade on between turns.
- the meat thermometer will reach medium rare/medium with in this time.
- and the steak should have a nice balsamic crust on it.
- remove steaks and allow to cook another 5 min on cutting board.
- this allows juices to become AMAZING!
- slice to desired thickness, and enjoy the flavor -- .