Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Super-easy, strongly flavored London Broil. I came up with this recipe because London Broil has a tendency to become dry when cooked well but my child refuses to eat meat if it's pink.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons English mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs london broil beef
- Combine all ingrediants except meat in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Add London Broil and marinade from 2 hours to overnight, turning at least once.
- Bake at 350 degree for 20-30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove from marinade, slice thin and enjoy.
- Serving suggestion: serve with portebello mushrooms sauteed until soft in 1/4 cup of remaining marinade.
I doubled this because my london broil was nearly 3 pounds, but I don't think that was really necessary. I ran out of mustard powder, so that was the only ingredient that did not double. The marinade was effective and did penetrate the meat after sitting overnight. I decided to grill this, but I will consider cooking it in the oven this winter. London broil is always going on sale. We really enjoyed this.
Very simple, delightful flavor.