Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy recipe that i throw in the crock pot on busy days when I'm in the mood for beef. You can serve this as a dinner or make sandwiches from it by slicing thinly and serving on hearty rolls. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 lbs beef brisket, trimmed (not corned beef)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart beef broth (just enough to cover the roast) or 1 quart water (just enough to cover the roast)
- lemon wedge (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet.
- sprinkle beef with lemon pepper seasoning.
- brown beef on both sides in skillet.
- spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- place beef in crock.
- mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the beef.
- put crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours.
I needed a recipe for london broil, quick, easy and tasty, and this one seemed to fit the bill. I could not resist throwing in some veggies a couple of hours before it finished, and it turned out more like a pot roast....but an excellent one! Thanks for posting this recipe, it was really good!