- 1 -2 lb london broil beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or butter pancake syrup)
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pinch ginger powder
Directions See How It's Made
- It is very important to freeze the meat first, this aids you in cutting the meat into thin slices. After freezing, slightly defrost - make sure the meat is still frozen, but workable.
- Cut the meat into thin slices, as thin as possible (against the grain is best).
- To prepare marinate mix all ingredients (except london broil and sliced onion) in a medium glass bowl.
- Place sliced london broil in marinate and press meat into bowl. Top with sliced onion.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 16-24 hours. Meat will turn dark brown.
- It is a must to marinate for 16-24 hours if using london broil! If you do not want to wait use a better cut of beef.
- Heat 2 tdsp of oil in a cast iron skillet or wok. Grab most (all if you can) of the onions out of bowl; squeeze marinate out. Add onions to skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain marinate (into sink) out of beef and add to onions; cook on high for an additional 3 to 4 minutes flipping often.