Recipe by carolyn.menges
I've been serving this steak for 40 years. It's so easy and it's perfect for guests. This is a favorite for my family. It’s great for camping trips because you can put the meat and the marinade in a freezer bag and freeze it until ready to use.
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
Like the other reviewer, I did not have any sherry. But I had some specialty vinegar "ginger and honey" flavor which I used instead. Hubby liked this LB a lot. He liked the marinade so much that he asked me to make it up again with his next steak. For that it gets 5 stars!!
- 2 lbs flank steaks (or 1 1-1/2 inch round steak)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine sauces, oil, sherry, garlic and ginger. Coat both sides of scored flank steak with mixture.
- 2. Let stand at least ½ hour before broiling or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3. Pre-heat broiler. Place steak on rack with surface of meat about 3 inches from heat. Broil to desired doneness.
- 4. Season with salt & pepper. Carve diagonally, across grain in very thin slices.