Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb beef flank steak, get the best you can find
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Cut both sides of steak in a diamond pattern, 1/8 inch deep.
- Cook and stir onions and 1/4 salt in butter until onions are tender.
- Keep this mixture warm.
- Mix remaining ingredients; brush half on one side of the beef.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn and brush with remaining oil mixture.
- Broil 5 more minutes.
- Cut across grain in thin slices.
- Serve with onions.
I had to find a quick recipe for london broil, and this fit the bill just right! My family ate it right up,it came out so tender. My husband begged me to save some for his lunch the next day! Thanks for a yummy way to fix london broil!!!
My DH was in charge of this meal. He actually cooked a 1 3/4lb cut of meat, and did not double up the recipe, as he should have. (I didn't have the heart to tell him though!) But it still was delicious. We love London Broil and I am always looking for new marinades for this meat. And this one is a keeper! Thanks again, Inez!
The London broil was amazing. I skipped the onions and it made the timing of the whole meal alot easier. Wonderful!!